- February 21, 2020
- 9:00 am
- South Coast Progress Hall, Little Grove
Friday the 21st February at the South Coast Progress Hall, Little Grove 9am to 12pm including morning tea.
Feral Animal Management Workshop with Mike Butcher of Animal Pest Management Services who has over 35 years’ professional experience in managing pest animals all over Australia.
Mike was awarded the 2014 Australasian Wildlife Management Society Practitioners Award for the management of loggerhead turtles at Gnaraloo, Western Australia, having reduced fox predation from 80-100% to zero for the past 5 seasons.
Mike will demonstrate and present:
- Canid Pest Ejector set up, use, advantages and disadvantages
- Trapping feral cats using cage traps
- Best baiting practice – what baits work best, when and where
- Shooting versus trapping
- Humane shooting
- Changes in fox ages after control programs
- Question and answer
This workshop is FREE to Torbay Catchment Group Members or $25 for non-members, Membership is only $5 so why not become a member! Online or pay on the day.