- October 20, 2019
- 9:45 am
- Sunday - Elleker Hall, Elleker
- 0439 461 591
Torbay Catchment Group (TCG) will be running two 3 hour workshops on preparing your home and property in the face of the ongoing threat of fire, on Saturday October 19th in Little Grove and on Sunday in Elleker. Start time 9:45am. Gardening personality Chris Ferreira and bushfire consultant Rohan Carboon will be down on the South Coast discussing techniques to create a safer sustainable environment using best practice so that you can prepare for fire.
Topics covered by Chris and Rohan will include property layout, design & retrofitting a home, fuel load management and BCA fire safety regulations guidance.
Other topics to be covered include
- Creating fire safe and drought resilient landscapes
- Bushland management
- Fire, biodiversity & threats to local flora & fauna
- Planting for shading and cooling – using fire retardant trees
- Understanding Australian Standard 3959 for construction of homes in bushfire zones
- Fire breaks / wind breaks
- Mulching – introduction to the numerous options including the latest technology
- Climate change impacts – including increased fire frequency and impact on bushland
The workshop is free with morning tea and refreshments provided. Booking is essential to assist with catering. To book follow the links – Saturday 19th October, Little Grove OR Sunday 20th October, Elleker
This event is heavily subsidised
$5 to TCG members,
$25 for non-members – to become a member of TCG ($5) click here
If you cant make it to this event, Chris and Rohan will also be running similar workshops on the morning of May 26h in Denmark and the afternoon of May 27th in Mt Barker.
Email Craig for more details on firstname.lastname@example.org