- Saturday | October 19, 2019 to Sunday | May 20, 2018
- 9:45 am
- Saturday - South Coast Progress Hall, Little Grove
- 0439 461 591
Torbay Catchment Group (TCG) will be running two workshops on preparing your home and property in the face of the ongoing threat of fire, on Saturday October 19th in Little Grove and on Sunday 20th in Elleker. Start time 9:45am.
Gardening personality Chris Ferreira and bushfire consultant Rohan Carboon will be down on the South Coast discussing techniques to create a safer sustainable environment using best practice so that you can prepare for fire.
At this Little Grove event Charlotte Powis (DFES) and Brendan Gordon (CoA) will present a local bushfire scenario which gives a better understanding of how quickly fire may travel in your area.
Topics covered by Chris and Rohan will include property layout, design & retrofitting a home, fuel load management and BCA fire safety regulations guidance.
Other topics to be covered include
- Creating fire safe and drought resilient landscapes
- Bushland management
- Fire, biodiversity & threats to local flora & fauna
- Planting for shading and cooling – using fire retardant trees
- Understanding Australian Standard 3959 for construction of homes in bushfire zones
- Fire breaks / wind breaks
- Mulching – introduction to the numerous options including the latest technology
- Climate change impacts – including increased fire frequency and impact on bushland
The workshop is free with morning tea and refreshments provided. Booking is essential to assist with catering. To book follow the links – Saturday 19th October, Little Grove OR Sunday 20th October, Elleker
This event is heavily subsidised
FREE to TCG members,
$25 for non-members – to become a member of TCG ($5) click here
For more details on firstname.lastname@example.org